Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April 17, 2007 - Getting ready for Boston

April 17, 2007

One thing that’s hard about being a freelancer is that nobody pays you to go on vacation. Nope, no two-week vacation package or sick time or “personal days” or anything else like in the real world. And nobody covers you while you’re gone, either.

For example, right now I am busting my ass to get a bunch of jobs done before I leave Thursday for a long weekend with my daughter in Boston. I have at least four stories and god knows what else due before then. Today’s Tuesday. I worked last Saturday till about 2:00, took Sunday off, worked Monday till 8:00, and will probably do the same today and Wednesday.

And in the meantime, a woman I was supposed to interview yesterday stood me up (for the 3rd time) and she just called to reschedule, so I’ve gotta fit that in now, too.

So why am I writing this stupid thing when I should be writing all that other stuff? Because I need a break!

I’m not sure how often everyone else needs a break, but I am SO ready for one. Not just this temporary 5-minute one, but the weekend one. I seem to need take a break from my life about every 2 months. Otherwise, I go insane.

I’m going to try NOT to take any work with me when I go out east, but I’m thinking: Maybe I’ll print out all my blog stuff, see what I’ve got, and try to organize it in some coherent way.

But I haven’t written in my blog in so long I can’t even remember how the hell to get there! Plus, I’m thinking about that whole Virginia thing…my god! What the hell is going on in this world?? I keep thinking about Brenna and John who are teaching…what if somebody walked into their classroom and started firing away? I can’t even think about it. Jesus, this world is SO screwed up.

So I guess that's it for now. I didn't even print this out to edit, so whatever it is, it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home